- 300 GH/s nominal performance ( + / – 20% )
- 175w (0.6w/GH conservative estimate)
- USB 2.0 - Monarch cards can be used as an external computer peripheral and chained via USB hub. In this mode it can be controlled via an Android host or standard Linux or Windows computer.
- PCI-Express - Monarch cards consume two PCI slots when installed in a standard ATX motherboard. The PCIe format used is x1 for maximum compatibility.
Mining Software compatibility
- EasyMiner software is provided for Android, Windows & Linux operating systems.
- BFGminer – Open source available
- CGminer – Open source available
- BitMinter – Java Client
New ‘BPU’ Form Factor
Our new form factor is a significant advancement in bitcoin mining cost efficiency. The size, connectivity and power consumption have been tuned to allow effortless deployment using common off the shelf parts.
For example, in order to deploy 18 TeraHash into a single data center cabinet, you would need 30 Monarch cards. Each 3 fit nicely into a standard 4U rackmount enclosure with a basic motherboard & ATX power supply unit. 10 of these will fill an entire cabinet with no wasted space. It will also consume exactly the standard power and cooling capacity provided for a cabinet at most data centers.
That’s 18 Terahash of bitcoin mining power in one cabinet with no expensive or proprietary parts, no exotic back planes, no oddball power systems and zero risk of part availability troubles to complicate maintenance.
This is a Pre-Order product which is not yet shipping. If you’re uncomfortable waiting until the development is complete and the product is shipped, do NOT pre-order this product. Perhaps undesirable, but this is a pre-order market. Customers flatly demand to get in line for the new technology before it’s finished development. This has created a lot of drama for the manufacturers but it’s something we simply have to deal with. All manufacturers in this space have experienced some degree of delay with their first generation ASIC. Every last one of them, so we’re reluctant to give a specific delivery date. However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and we feel our timeline to begin shipments towards the end of the year is solid.
Here’s a breakdown of the timeline.
- We’re now in at the final stage of development (Tapeout) and are sending wafers into production at the foundry in the next few weeks
- Foundry production takes 10 weeks
- Bumping, Slicing & BGA packaging takes approximately 2 weeks
- Initial shipments begin and ramp up to full capacity over the following 3 weeks
Since this is our 2nd generation ASIC chip, we’re free from the pitfalls sometimes associated with a first generation design. Testing systems, Bumping masks, Substrates & under fill engineering are all carryovers from our last version of the chip, so they’re ready for high volume production once the wafers are ready. The importance of this can’t be overstated when considering schedule certainty. Nevertheless, please do not purchase this product if you are unwilling to wait for the product to complete its development.
Dimensions: Weight: 1 lb. 5.5 oz Dimensions: 12.4″ x 5.5″ x 2.36″
Warranty: This unit’s system board has one year warranty from manufacture defect or component failure.
Institutional Pricing: If you would like to purchase 50 or more cards, please contact Dave McClain for institutional pricing: 913-710-4865
Order Transfers: You may transfer the full amount of your previous order and shipping into a new product. You must add new products equal to or more than the amount of your old orders plus shipping; minus transfer fee if applicable. The system will not allow you to order products totaling less than the $ amount of transfers. Any funds left over after order transfer (applicable in a few cases) will be labelled as store credit and may be used toward purchase of future orders.
Pre-Order Terms: This is a pre-order. 28nm ASIC products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 3 months or more after order. All sales are final.